Kanban Systems Improvement (KMP2)
Completing Kanban Systems Improvement will see students awarded the Kanban Management Professional accreditation by Kanban University.
Kanban Systems Improvement takes what you learned in KSD and introduces you to successful strategies of scaling the benefits across teams of teams and the organisation as a whole, building adaptive capability responsive to changing customer demand and the internal and external business environment
Kanban Systems Improvement (KMP2)
June 26th-29th 2023
Who is this course for?
• Product Managers, Senior Managers, Team Leads, Heads of…
• Project and Programme Managers,
• Architects, Designers, Business Analysts, Developers, Testers,
• Scrum Product Owners and Scrum Masters,
• Agile Coaches, Consultants and Change Agents
• Software teams who follow Scrum, DSDM, Prince2 Agile, XP
• All roles in IT Operations, especially in your current ITIL framework
• Other roles such as HR, Finance, Facilities Management, Legal, Marketing and Operations
This course is useful for those already using Kanban at a team level, have prior experience with Kanban, are currently on the KMP learning track. You have mastered the basics and want to take your implantation to the next level for your organisation.
Northern & Western Europe, USA
£950 GBP Per Person
£875 GBP Per Person
Improve how you deliver change in the form of projects and services.
What to expect
There are no prerequisites for joining this course.
What else is included?
• Free eBook “Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for your Technology Business” by David Anderson
• US$10 off of the eBook “Kanban From The Inside” by Mike Burrows
• Membership to the Sooner Safer Happier Slack channel giving access to our alumni community
• Kanban University certificate of attendance.
• Eligibility to become a member of Kanban University.
Kanban as Evolutionary Change Method
Assessing likelihood for resistance to change
Behavioural science of change
Describe and contrast evolutionary/invitational to managed/inflicted change approaches
Marrying incumbent management frameworks with Kanban to get the best out of both
Kanban for the Enterprise
See the Kanban method applied across the enterprise over multiples levels, in multiple dimensions from inception to delivery
From Strategy to Portfolio/Programmes to Single Team & Service
The 3 scaling principles and 3 scaling dimensions
Upstream Kanban, Commitment Points and Downstream Kanban
Feedback Loops at all levels
Learn how feedback loops and implementing cadences are key to managing improvement
Evolve your current meeting schedule into useful reviews and informed decision point
Participate in the design of appropriate feedback loops and see how they can mature and optimise
Improvement techniques at a deeper level
Use Kanban to influence both demand and capability
Effective data capture and analysis to understand service delivery characteristics, its work types and classes of service
Better identify dependencies across services and understand delays, impacts and how to remediate
Understand common cause and special cause variation and apply appropriate improvement strategies
Managing bottlenecks and utilising the five focusing steps from the Theory of Constraints
Meet your trainer(s)
Matt has over 20 years leading IT and business services, coaching and training teams in lean and agile practices, across various industries and sectors. Matt is fascinated by enterprise flow, the psychology of change, and behavioural economics. Accredited BVSSH and Kanban University Trainer. Contributing author of Agile an Unexpected Journey.